The remains of everything you left behind

You were gone in the blink of an eye. The bed is messy and empty without you but filled with all our secrets. The mess is everywhere. The remains of everything you left behind are covering the carpet like scars across my face. That hole is still there. Right in the middle. That floorboard, yes you know the one I mean is poking up through like it knows the truth. I hate the look on its face its almost smirking if not laughing at me knowing exactly how these things pan out. The next steps of what I would still be yet to accept. I invited you in and you took everything you could except the bed. Even the trimmings on the shelf and those notebooks no one ever used. It was important to you somehow and my bed is a safety net protecting me from the world but couldn’t protect you. It saved me from you. The passing of time makes these things harder and harder to grasp on to but not so much to forget. Memories are a troublesome thing. Is it me or is it you, who knows what the truth is until its knocking at my door and I can’t turn my face away any longer. I long to see your familiar mess amongst my belongings as though they belonged somehow. But my heart can’t stand the pain it has to put through for me to be with you. I’m sure your heart feels the same even though I can hear my name being called in the distance. The fog clears and I can see what was always mine to begin with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow is home to me

We are free

They bring me back to you...