The chaos that surrounds us

There is a knot in the wire. You think that is so easy to undo it but my darling you are wrong. It's not as easy as it used to be. Things are getting harder and harder these days. There are the times when things are falling out of my window and I want to try and stop them but it’s no use. The are always out of reach and falling.  It hurts but its the truth. The truth is banging on the window like a bird who will not stop singing in my ear.

My ears are hurting from all of the chaos that surrounds us. It's there and nothing can break it down. My socks are wet again, I always walk in the puddles no matter how many times or whatever I do to try to dodge them, it happens. I'm used to it now. I like being barefoot and walking around like nothing matters. I can feel the mud in between my toes and you are smiling as though somehow this is the funniest thing you have ever seen.

The chaos is calling my name again and I'm running down the street and I almost make it out of sight and then it catches up with me as though its faster somehow. It's probably because I'm running in slow motion like the way it happens in my dreams. No matter how hard I push, my body refuses to budge and keeps going at this monotonous pace. My dreams are filled with beauty and the things that past us by and are yet to come.

I can hear the sounds of the treadmill buzzing in the background and coming up through the floorboards. You are hiding away again in the basement. Who knows what you are doing down there but it makes me smile that you have your projects and I have mine. That's what I like about us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are free

Tomorrow is home to me

They bring me back to you...