The coat hanger is the last one left

Things are wasted if we let them go by without learning the lesson we have been waiting years to learn. You have found this out the hard way and I feel for you. I hold your hand in the way only we know how. It only works one way. I like this about you and few hundred other things. You are standing there and making a joke. The jokes are all around us and we grasp at them as though they are air to our lungs the humour belongs to us in a way it didn't for them. Those people are all around us and nowhere to be found. I am holding the hairbrush as a sign I am back to those days making dance routines up in my bedroom and you were on the other side standing on one leg being stubborn as always. It makes me laugh we knew we were together all along even when we were back then as children. The younger versions of ourselves knew this long before we did. The union brings us peace and can be found in nothing else. The coat hanger is left alone and is the last one left hanging in that old wardrobe we left behind as a sign we have been there before we made it to our house in the distance hiding in between the trees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow is home to me

We are free

They bring me back to you...