You just know or so they say

No. Most definitely it was you. I’m still in a state of shock that you changed me so much I mean I’m nearly thirty years old for goodness sake surely I have grown up and become set in my ways by now. Well so I thought.
You are the piece of me that was missing the little bit between the cracks, like a smile that’s faded away and not duplicated with the eyes.
You just know or so they say.
Well I did know.

What’s next?  I hear you cry. Well I decided it was time to allow myself the joy of getting to know you.  I stumbled across my first few words feeling slightly out of my depth but knowing I was safe somehow. You made it that way and I carried on trying to get the words right so I was able to be on your level. I managed it sometimes and I saw your disappointment when I so often didn’t. But then you always said you didn’t need me to be perfect you needed me to be real. And real I am, with all stains of times gone by, shown so easily across my face. I’m not here to pretend to be someone I not. I’ve wasted too many years playing that old game. It didn’t get me anywhere apart from running around the same spot like a hamster in its wheel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are free

Tomorrow is home to me

They bring me back to you...