A song only you can hear

A song is playing that only you can hear. There is a block in the way which changed everything. You are here but you are also somewhere else. It doesn't make sense but some how it does. Things can not reach you.The gramophone is playing that same old song but you can't hear it anymore. Age is a troublesome thing. It has taken you away from me, there is a shadow where your former self used to be and now just a shell of you remains. It captured parts of you that will never return but your heart remains in the places it used to be. I will crank up our favourite song and secretly wish for you to send me a sign that you are making your way back to me. We will dance like those old couples in black and white movies wearing our best clothes and everyone will remember it like we are in times where things are back to how they ought to be. Your mind will come back to earth and we will whisper about our childhood memories whilst drinking tea and stealing the chance to be how we used to be before our time is up. You fade away again and I blink and wish it was morning. I sit and wait patiently for you to return again whilst singing a song only you can hear. You will come back when the time is right. I feel it in my bones and I sit and wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow is home to me

We are free

They bring me back to you...