The water has sneaked in through the cracks

It's a strange feeling to look down and see a body that does not feel like ones own. My arm is numb and feels like it is no longer a part of my body. It must have just decided to get up and leave in the middle of the night.  It was so cold that night who can blame it. I always think the monsters are going to grab any limb that finds its unfortunate way out of the warm cosy bed. I try to pull the sheets around my face and cover everything but I can’t stop thinking of you. I wake up and my arms reach out for you. My fingers frantically search the bed but you are not there. I open my eyes and the realisation hits me once again. Every time I wake I'm reminded again that you’re not here anymore. I have many things I have saved up waiting to tell you and I want to hear all the secrets you don't tell anybody else but I'm in the corner dancing on my own. The hairs stand up on the back of my neck but it's a near miss. The car is moving on its own and its like a dream where I'm looking down and my life is going on but I left it along time ago. I'm somewhere else in the thick of it all and no one can reach me. I'm calling out your name but you can't hear me as so I whisper under my breath in a way that I think or at least I hope might help. I still have hope. The holes are getting bigger and the water has somehow sneaked in through the cracks. The metal is rusty and the wood is breaking. I pull a piece off and let it float down stream. Maybe it will find it's way to you. Maybe, just maybe...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are free

Tomorrow is home to me

They bring me back to you...