Taking away a part of me I don’t want to give

This life is an interesting ride. Full of things and also nothing at the same time. So many things are trying to take away a part of me I don’t want to give. In the past you would have easily taken it all and I would have turned a blind eye and pretended I didn't notice or distract myself with the bird that is beautiful that perches on your window. But these days I am certain and unwilling to give that which is not yours to take. I smile secretly all the same knowing this is what I always wanted. I feel like myself again. The mud that covered every inch of your skin has disappeared along with everything that didn’t make sense. I look out into the space in front of my feet and yours are pointing in the same direction as usual wearing odd socks and my favourite shoes. The tin that was overflowing with all the things we tried to hide opened up a way for us both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow is home to me

We are free

They bring me back to you...