One of my legs is hanging off

One of my legs is hanging off. I'm not sure how it got to this but we are here. We are here and you are hiding around the back like you always do. I'm not sure why you do it but its a habit that you started way back when we were kids and now its something I don't notice so much or think is strange. In fact its one of the things I like about you the most. We are hiding out and you are calling my name, not my real one but the nickname you gave to me that year when all the trees and plants died in our garden. No one knows about our secrets. No one knows about the things we do and I like it that way. Lets take all our clothes off and run into the water. First I want to dip my toe in and then we will dive right in. I'm holding your hand underneath the water like I always do. I said I was sorry about yesterday but you can't hear me any more. You've swam too far away and now a storm is coming. I'm scared I will not be able to reach you any more. Come back to me. Come back to me and lets tell each other  things we don't tell anyone else. I'm waiting for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are free

Tomorrow is home to me

They bring me back to you...