The balloon has burst

That word. That time. You me and a big jack in a box or was it a pirate ship? I can't quite remember but I know how it felt. I always know how it feels. I can never escape the feelings. Some people can easily block it away. Well I've been running my whole life and now there are no distractions and I have to face myself. The balloon has burst and its messy like that game on fun house. We used to watch it religiously when we were kids and you always wanted to be one of the twins and I wanted to be Pat Sharp. I don't know why but it just made sense somehow in my mind. It must have been his 80s mullet or bad choice of clothes.

But we don't live on the same street anymore and all those things I use to hate I'm starting to fall in love with. I'm clinging on to them and trying to get back to before. I've lost a part of myself and I'm slowly turning into something else. It's okay. Im used to it now. Quick give me back my balloon I need to cover my face. The mask is slipping through and I can't cover quite the mistakes like I used to. They are all over the pavement for everyone to see. Distract them while I cover up the mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are free

Tomorrow is home to me

They bring me back to you...