Swimming on the floor

I feel like I am floating and everyone else around me are like petals in the wind. This has happened in the moment before when you left me and whispered all of your secrets into the distance. These are the times and days in which we have everything and nothing all at once. Our lives are intertwined and the water is dripping through the ceiling and you are swimming on the floor. It appears odd but makes sense all the same. It always makes sense to me, the things you do are speaking in a language we both understand and is above the streets where no one knows your name. We hang our washing on the line and watch as it blows in the breeze. My favourite is the jumper you have had for years, there is a hole in the sleeve but we know this is part of what our lives are made up of and it needs to remain this way for all of time. The colour looks good on you as do most things. I watch you as the children are laughing at a joke you made and I take a photo in my mind to capture the moment of our lives.  I am floating and you are holding me lightly in a way I like so I don't drift away into the distance. Always is a word we both decide to choose to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow is home to me

We are free

They bring me back to you...