It begins again

There was nothing left. The leaves had all fallen away except for one. This was what I called hope in the olden days. I imagine it to be black and white like the movies. It was different some how. Somehow, somehow, just somehow. I like the feeling where it is safe for me to be me, it just makes sense like you have my back as though I could fall from the greatest height and you would always catch me. Like you are the family I was always looking for. You will always catch me when I fall. The space in between me and them is this feeling. This feeling as though everything makes sense. You know exactly what I mean without explanation. The others need everything spelling out but you're different. You have always been different. I crunch the leaf in my hand and it turns grey like what happens when we get old. I trace the wrinkles around your eyes each time you smile. My finger moves from side to side, repeating this familiar pattern that my body remembers without a flicker of a doubt. And you look me in the eyes one more time and then it begins again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow is home to me

We are free

They bring me back to you...