We need taking care of enough to be free

I can't even begin to express how wonderful these things are. The ones that have been hiding for so long have found a way there way to surface. They tiptoed around and whispered just to make sure it was safe and that the coast was clear. They are touching the surface of everything as only these things can. I am sitting here smiling at how the strangest of things can begin to emerge once the space that was left behind begins to fill. The edges are rusty but that doesn't matter, perfection is the killer of all things I good. Things falling out, that overflowing drawer which barely closes, broken shoes and scars that cover your body these are the things that sit well with me. My scars are waiting to be seen by you. You will be running around in your socks the one with the hole in the toe and I will be sitting smiling waiting for you to realise what I know to be true. This is how these things are running away from us. My hair blows in the breeze as we peddle down the street on our second hand bikes. Some one is shouting us in the distance and we shout back at the top of our lungs without a care in the world. My hands try to capture part of this moment and I take a picture in my mind. One that will last forever. I can hear the sound of the water running down the pebbled street and I quickly duck underneath. It is a delicate process things such as these, we need taking care of enough to be free. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow is home to me

We are free

They bring me back to you...