A solo dance

And who would have thought? It all comes back to this. My one true love. My first love. How could I have passed you by? Distracting myself with less exciting things that just do not hit the spot. Only you can take me to that place that no one else can. I'm just not myself with others trying to settle for pretend versions of you.  I need all of you. All at once. For so long I've blocked you out because I just didn't believe I could have you fully. But my heart is here with open arms hoping you haven't given up on me. And I pray you decide to hang on in for a few more minutes to show me I'm worth the wait. Please forgive me my dear I've been blind all these years. Hiding and covering the cracks to block you out. But I'm back and I'm here to stay. My body yearns to experiment with your old ways and to learn new ways. Eager to make up for lost time. Movement, theatre, dance, call me what you like in front of the others but to me you will always be 'my love.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow is home to me

We are free

They bring me back to you...